The SEMFed holds events throughout the year which are for all members at minimal cost. Our events offer an opportunity for informal networking with fellow museums professionals.
SEMF Study Day March 2021: Remote audience programmes — what have we learnt so far?
Monday 8th March, 10.00am-12.30pm
With daily life still far from normal we will be taking a look at how museums and other heritage organisations in our region have been adapting to engaging with audiences remotely. Through a range of case studies, we will be hearing about how we have still been reaching schools and communities in new ways, and what has been learnt so far.
- Learning in Lockdown, What I did in my sitting room , Cas Sanders, Learning Officer, North Hertfordshire Museum
- The Special Delivery project, Candida Wingate, Senior Project Development Officer, Suffolk Artlink
- Digital learning at Time and Tide Museum, Clare Fellas, Eastern Area Learning Officer
- Archaeology Online – Rendlesham Revealed: Anglo-Saxon Life in South-East Suffolk, Alice De Leo, Project Delivery Officer, Suffolk County Council
- Eat Sleep Clean Repeat. Welcoming visitors back to the British Schools Museum, Mark Copley, Curator, British Schools Museum
Monday 19th October
Audience engagement in lockdown – case studies from Suffolk museums
Our first online event! We heard how museums across Suffolk have shifted their audience engagement activities during lockdown. Read the report here.
Monday 21 October 2019
Amersham Museum, Study Day
We visited the recently redeveloped Amersham Museum in Buckinghamshire and had a day jam packed with engaging talks and interactive sessions showcasing the Museum’s activities.
The report for this Study Day is coming soon.
Monday 1 July 2019
Welwyn Hatfield, Mill Green Museum Study Day + AGM
Our annual SEM Fed AGM was held in the beautiful surroundings of Mill Green Museum & Mill in Hertfordshire.
Thursday 28 March 2019
Royal Airforce Museum, Hendon, London
If you didn’t make it to study day, never fear, our wonderful study report is here.